Friday, October 21, 2011

How To Launch Chrome Web Apps Without Opening A New Tab Page

launch-chrome-apps

Google Chrome web apps – we already been covered this topic since its launch. I believe thatChrome web apps are one another cooloffering from giant company Google. I use quitea lot of Chrome web apps these days and truly speaking, these apps allow me to save lot of other stuff on my laptop because I don’t have toinstall them in my hard disk.
And I can use my Chrome web apps that I have installed anywhere in the world on anycomputer by syncing these apps with my gmail account. If you don’t know how to sync Chrome web apps across different computers, you can check our useful guide on using and customizing your Google Chrome web apps. If you use Chrome apps like the way I did, you must want to install some best free chrome apps that you can check here and here.
But there is one thing that I don’t like about Chrome web apps that when you install web apps in Google Chrome, you have to open a new tab page (Ctrl+T) in Chrome to launch any of the installed web apps and click on the relevant web app you want to use. I was thinking one day that what if you want to open the web app directly without opening a new tab in Chrome?
My research leads to me a simple solution that will help you to open any Chrome web apps without opening the new tab. Let’s see how to launch Chrome web apps without opening a new tab (Ctrl+T).
There is a Google Chrome extension called App Launcher that comes into play. It adds a browser action icon – when you click on it you get a list of your installed apps. From there, you can launch any app by either clicking on it in the list, or using arrow keys to select it and then pressing enter. It also search for the installed apps as you type in the search box.
If you any other way to open installed web apps without opening new tab page, do tell us in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment